Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

October 21st

I am sooooo sorry that I haven't posted anything in about two weeks!  My first masters class has come to and end.  I am glas those weeks are over.  Bad news I start another one next week!

Anyways, I have been sending home paper posts to help keep parents updated on what is going on in the classroom. 
Field trip:  Our Field trip is this Tuesday!  Please make sure that you bring a bag lunch and please dress for the weather...layer clothes! Wear shoes that can get a little dirty because we will be walking in the woods and we will be near a pond. 

We had our First Authors Celebration on Thursday!  It was a wonderful event where the studnets shared a piece of writing that they fixed up!  We enjoyed juice and talking about each others writing!
In our Making Meaning, We have been learning about different reading comprehension strategies.  The first reading strategy was Making Connections.  When we make connections we are thinking how the book relates to our own life.  Th esecond reading stratefy that we learned this week was visualizing.  Visualizing is when you create mental pictures in your mind from the words that your hear.  When we are doing these strategies they help us better understand the stories.  Here are some pictures of the students drawing what they visualized while I read the poem "My Baby Brother".






Math:  We have finished Unit 2 in math.  We took our math test Wednesday.  They are graded, but I would like to talk with the students about the test first.  I will send them home on Monday or Tuesday.  Unit 3 is about place value and using the base-ten blocks.

Our unit on insects will come to an end and the end of October.  I wanted to remind you that the homework for the imaginary insect is due next Friday October 28.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment